Our team at Weathervane Creative understands that your business is important to you, and we want to help you promote it effectively. When it comes to promoting your business, both print and digital media can provide significant benefits, but each of these options also has drawbacks that you should be aware of. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of print and digital media, so you can make an informed decision about which is best for your needs.
- Trustworthy Reputation – People tend to regard ads that appear in print publications as more trustworthy.
- Audience Loyalty – Running your ad in each new edition of a newspaper or magazine will help build brand loyalty in your audience.
- Allow “Double Dipping” – The same print ad can be seen by more than one person as the newspaper or magazine is shared among members of a household.
- Longer Lead Times – It takes longer to prepare and run a print ad than a digital one.
- Limited Specialization – Unless you are promoting your business in a specialized publication, you will usually have to pitch your material toward a general audience.
- Effective Targeting – When advertising with digital media, it’s possible to closely target your ads to a receptive audience by matching your ads to users’ online behavior.
- Improved Monitoring – It’s possible to track the effectiveness of your digital ads in real time, monitoring how many clicks they get.
- Convenience – Digital ads can take customers directly to your website to start shopping.
- Untrustworthy Reputation – Many people view digital ads as suspect, and some even install adblockers to prevent their browsers from displaying online ads at all.
- Considered Annoying – Digital ads are also considered annoying and intrusive by many people, which can build negative associations with your company.
- Increased Competition – Lastly, digital advertising can be highly competitive, as companies all fight for the same keyword bids, and this fierce competition makes these ads expensive.
We hope that this information has been helpful. If you have further questions about this topic, just give us a call to get the answers you need.