A good custom logo is the foundation of your business’ marketing efforts. When you design your business’ logo, you need to do it right, so we’ve provided some helpful tips on the dos and don’ts of good custom logo design.
What to Do
- Use a picture to tell a story for your business. For example, if you run a travel agency, a plane flying over a cloud may be a helpful image to include in your custom logo.
- Try to keep your logo simple. You want your logo to be as impactful as possible, and the way to do this is by using blank space and not overdoing it with your logo.
- Use a variety of shapes to make your logo’s images stand out. For example, putting an image inside of a circle, box, or another shape can make your image more impactful.
What NOT to Do
- Don’t miss out on the opportunity to use eye-catching colors. While a black-and-white logo still has a place in many cases, you can use color to bring your logo to life.
- Don’t overthink it. Consider what your business name is and use this to describe your business in the form of an image.
- Don’t feel like you need to reinvent the wheel. You want your logo to stand out, but at the same time, you don’t have to bend over backwards to create something completely different if you already have a logo that complements your branding.
Need help creating the perfect custom logo for your brand? Contact us at Weathervane Creative today!